"In 2009, Judith Williams drove her 16-year-old son to the top of Mount Diablo State Park, shot him in the back and head, and then turned the .357 revolver on herself." A lot of mothers kill their children for many different reasons. Maternal filicide is very rare, but when mothers do it they do it for a physoctic reason. The top five reasons mothers kill their children are:
1. Altruistic Filicide- The most common reason, when a mother reasons rationalizes that killing her child is for their best interest.
2. Acutely Phycotic Filicide- When a mother kills without an understandable motive, they just do it because and it's usually from hearing voices saying to kill you children.
3. Fatal Maltreatment Filicide- Where a mother does not necessarily mean to kill her child, but death occurs after constant abuse.
4. Unwanted Child Filicide- Where a mother doesn't want her child because she believes her child is a burden and a lot of work in her life.
5. Spouse Revenge Filicide- The rarest to happen, when a mother kills her children to emotionally get revenge on her spouse.
Another reason is also depression, when mothers are depressed it causes them to get angry which may cause them to do dangerous things like killing their own children. Some physcologists also found that those rates increased with economic stress and social isolation. Mothers who kill their children are very rare, but the mothers that do do it, do it for physoctic reasons.